Guangdong Development and Reform Price Letter (2021) No. 1765
The development and reform bureau (committee), Guangdong Power Grid Corporation, Shenzhen Power Supply Bureau:
The “Notice of the National Development and Reform Commission on the Tiered Electricity Price Policy for the Electrolytic Aluminum Industry” (Fagai Price  No. 1237) is now forwarded to you, please follow and implement it. All localities and power grid companies should report to our committee in time if they find that there are electrolytic aluminum enterprises in the local area.
Guangdong Provincial Development and Reform Commission
October 2021th, 9
Notice of the National Development and Reform Commission on the Tiered Electricity Price Policy for the Electrolytic Aluminum Industry
Development and Reform Price (2021) No. 1239
The Development and Reform Commission of all provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government, Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Jiangsu Province, Fujian Province, and Qinghai Province, the Energy Bureau of Shanxi Province, Zhejiang Province, and Guangdong Province, the State Grid Corporation of China, China Southern Power Grid Corporation, Inner Mongolia Electric Power ( Group) limited liability company:
In order to implement the decision and deployment of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, continue to improve the green price mechanism, give full play to the leverage of electricity prices, and promote the electrolytic aluminum industry to continuously improve energy efficiency, reduce carbon emission intensity, and serve the economic and social green and low-carbon recycling development, electrolytic aluminum is now available The relevant matters concerning the industry-level electricity price policy are notified as follows:
1. Tiered electricity price grading and price increase standard
(1) Setting stepped electricity prices in different stages. According to the comprehensive AC power consumption of molten aluminum (see appendix for the meaning and calculation method), the electrolytic aluminum industry stepped electricity price is classified, and the classification standard is 13,650 kWh per ton. If the comprehensive AC power consumption of molten aluminum in electrolytic aluminum enterprises is not higher than the classification standard, the electricity consumption of molten aluminum production (see the appendix for the meaning) will not increase; if it is higher than the classification standard, the electricity consumption of molten aluminum production will exceed 20 kWh. The price increase is 0.01 yuan per kilowatt-hour, and if it is less than 20 kilowatt-hours, it is calculated as 20 kilowatt-hours.
(2) Steadily adjust the classification standards. Starting from 2023, the grading standard will be adjusted to 13,450 kWh per ton of molten aluminum (excluding desulfurization power consumption); from 2025, the grading standard will be adjusted to 13,300 kWh per ton of molten aluminum. (Excluding desulfurization power consumption).
(3) Dynamically adjust the price increase standard based on the level of clean energy utilization. Encourage electrolytic aluminum enterprises to improve the utilization of non-aqueous renewable energy such as wind power and photovoltaic power generation, and reduce fossil energy consumption. The non-aqueous renewable energy consumed by electrolytic aluminum enterprises accounts for more than 15% of the total electricity consumption, and is not less than the incentive value of the non-hydropower consumption responsibility weight of the province (autonomous region, municipality) in the previous year, each increase in the proportion 1 percentage point, the tiered price increase standard is correspondingly reduced by 1%.
2. It is strictly forbidden to implement preferential electricity price policies for the electrolytic aluminum industry
(One) It is strictly forbidden to introduce preferential electricity price policies. All localities must strictly implement the national electricity price policy, prohibit the implementation of preferential electricity prices for the electrolytic aluminum industry, and organize special transactions in the electrolytic aluminum enterprise power market. Those that have been implemented and organized should be cancelled immediately. It is strictly forbidden to introduce preferential electricity price policies into the assessment and assessment of the responsibility of the provincial people’s government for energy consumption dual control targets.
(2) Regulate electricity market transaction behavior. Electrolytic aluminum enterprises that have not paid the increase in electricity charges as scheduled or have not fulfilled their energy-saving targets are not allowed to participate in power market transactions, and all electricity consumption shall be guaranteed.
(three) Strengthen the management of self-provided power plants. All localities must strictly follow the relevant national regulations, collect corresponding government funds and surcharges, system reserve fees and policy cross-subsidies for the self-generated and self-consumed power of electrolytic aluminum enterprises, and strictly implement the tiered electricity price policy without self-reduction or exemption.
3. Strengthen the collection of increased electricity charges
(1) Carry out energy conservation supervision. In the first quarter of each year, the provincial energy-saving authority shall, in conjunction with relevant departments, organize energy-saving supervision of all local electrolytic aluminum enterprises in accordance with local conditions, and form energy-saving supervision results by the end of March, including all local electrolytic aluminum enterprises in the previous year and before and after the energy-saving technological transformation (If any) of the comprehensive AC power consumption of molten aluminum, the electricity consumption of molten aluminum production, etc., the results of energy conservation supervision should be transferred to the provincial development and reform department at the same time.
(2) Standardize the collection methods of the increased electricity charges. Grid companies must report to the provincial development and reform department the completion status of non-aqueous renewable energy power consumption by electrolytic aluminum companies in their business areas in the previous year before the end of March each year. The provincial development and reform departments shall, based on the results of energy-saving supervision and the completion of non-aqueous renewable energy power consumption, determine before April 15 each year the tiered electricity price tiers, price increase standards and price increase that all local electrolytic aluminum enterprises should implement in the previous year. The total amount of electricity costs, and the list of enterprises and the stepped electricity price classification and price increase standards that should be implemented are announced to the public, and they are subject to social supervision. For electrolytic aluminum enterprises that underwent energy-saving technological transformation in the previous year, the electricity consumption of molten aluminum production after the transformation reached the standard will not be increased. In the event of a merger or division of an electrolytic aluminum enterprise, the enterprise using its existing electrolytic aluminum production line shall bear the responsibility for paying the increased electricity charges. Power grid companies should collect the increased electricity fees in full and in time based on the list of electrolytic aluminum enterprises determined by the provincial development and reform department and the total amount of increased electricity fees.
(3) Strengthen the collection of increased electricity charges. Electrolytic aluminum enterprises that should implement stepped electricity price increases must pay the increased electricity fees in full and in time. For electrolytic aluminum enterprises that have not paid 90 days after receiving the notice of payment of increased tariffs by power grid companies, the increased tariffs shall be paid at 1.5 times the original tariff increase. Points will be deducted during the evaluation of the responsibility of the company’s energy-saving targets and implemented in accordance with laws and regulations. Joint punishment for dishonesty. For electrolytic aluminum enterprises with self-provided power plants, all localities must effectively strengthen the collection of tariff increases to ensure fair and just implementation of policies.
4. System for the management and use of electricity fee funds
The power grid companies must keep separate accounts and reflect the funds for the increase in electricity charges formed by the implementation of the step-by-step electricity price policy for the electrolytic aluminum industry. Among them, 10% are retained by grid companies as income other than the permitted income of transmission and distribution; 90% is managed and used by the provincial development and reform department in accordance with relevant national policies to support energy-saving transformation and transformation and upgrading of high-energy-consuming industries, and the construction of new power systems Wait.
5. Strengthening supervision and inspection of the implementation of tiered electricity prices
The provincial development and reform departments should actively cooperate with and cooperate with relevant departments to strengthen the supervision and inspection of the implementation of the tiered electricity price policy in the electrolytic aluminum industry, and urge the electrolytic aluminum enterprises and power grid enterprises to strictly implement the tiered electricity price policy. The National Development and Reform Commission will organize forces to conduct inspections and spot checks on the implementation of localities from time to time, and conduct cross-checks when necessary.
This notice will be implemented from January 1, 2022. The implementation of other differentiated electricity price policies that are currently implemented for the electrolytic aluminum industry that are inconsistent with this notice shall be suspended accordingly.
Attachment: Meaning and calculation method of main technical indicators
National Development and Reform Commission
October 2021th, 8
Link to this article：Guangdong Provincial Development and Reform Commission forwards the notice of the National Development and Reform Commission on the step-by-step electricity price policy for the electrolytic aluminum industry
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks