Many of the products we see in daily life are metal stamping parts, and the processing technology of metal stamping parts is relatively complicated. To ensure that the performance of metal stamping parts can meet the requirements of use, the world is as large as airplanes and automobiles, and small pins are all hardware. What are the characteristics of stamping parts and metal stamping parts and what are the common problems? Let's take a look!
Precision metal stamping parts
The main features of metal stamping parts
1. During the stamping process, since the surface of the material is not damaged, it has a good surface quality and a smooth and beautiful appearance, which provides convenient conditions for surface painting, electroplating, phosphating and other surface treatments.
2. The metal stamping parts have high dimensional accuracy, the same size as the mold parts, and good interchangeability. It can meet general assembly and use requirements without further machining.
3. The metal stamping parts are manufactured by stamping under the premise of low material consumption. The parts are light in weight and rigid, and after the sheet material is plastically deformed, the internal structure of the metal is improved, so that the stamping parts are strong Improved.
Common problems and causes of metal stamping parts processing.
1. Sliding mark: It is caused by the sliding of the roller and occurs when it stops or accelerates suddenly.
2. Concave and convex: The surface of the material is abnormally convex or concave, which is caused by foreign matter (iron filings, dust) in the uncoiling line.
3. Scratches: The main reason for the scratches on the parts is that there are sharp scars on the mold or metal dust falling into the mold. The preventive measures are grinding the scars on the mold and removing the metal dust.
4. Wrinkles on the side wall: The main reason for the wrinkles on the side wall of the part is that the thickness of the material is not enough (thinner than the minimum allowable thickness) or the upper and lower molds are installed eccentrically, resulting in a large gap on one side and a small gap on the other side. Preventive measures are immediate replacement of materials and readjustment of stamping dies.
5. The roll material may be crushed or the edges may be wrinkled: the guide roller of the uncoiling line may be wrinkled when the guide roller gap on the mold is small, which is caused by the unbalanced feeding of the coil.
6. Bottom cracking: The main reason for the bottom cracking of the part is that the material has poor plasticity or the die holder is too tight. The preventive measures are to replace the material with better plasticity or loosen the holder.
7. Roller printing: the cleaning roller or the feeding roller is caused by foreign matter attached to it (occurred at a fixed pitch). Generally, the foreign matter on the roller printing on the sheet can be removed.
8. Burr: In the process of punching or trimming edges and corners, there is not completely leftover material, and burrs are generated under the section of the steel plate. When the burr height is 0.2mm or more based on the section of the steel plate, the iron powder generated will damage the mold and cause unevenness. .
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks